Jimmy Fallon made the lip sync battle famous. Now it’s time for our Detroit celebs to step up to the mic! In the first ever Celebrity Lip Sync Battle, hosted by New Day Foundation for Families, eight local celebrity teams will each compete on behalf of a New Day family in an epic lip-sync throw-down when they take to the stage live on Thursday, January 23, at 6:30 p.m. at the Royal Oak Music Theatre.
Staging their performances with hip choreography and iconic costuming, these celebrities will pull out all the stops to win. Performances will be critiqued by celebrity judges and voted on electronically by audience members. Battling it out will be:
- Stephen Clark and JoAnne Purtan – WOMC, 104.3 FM
- Blaine Fowler Morning Show – WDVD, 96.3 FM
- Mickey York – FOX Sports Detroit
- Andy Dirks – former Detroit Tiger, Realtor at Berkshire Hathaway
- Chuck, Rachael and Grunwald – WYCD, 99.5 FM
- Jackie Paige – WWJ News Radio, 950 AM
- Kim Adams – 98.7 The Breeze
- Devin Gardner – former U of M quarterback
The fantastic Justin Rose, from the WXYZ 7 Sports Cave, will lead the mayhem as emcee of the inaugural Lip Sync Battle. Celebrity judges Paul Glantz, founder and chairman of Emagine Theatres and David Van, president of Art Van Pure Sleep, will provide commentary and critique of the outlandish performances from the judges’ panel. Ultimately, the audience will decide by popular vote which team will be crowned as the victor in this epic vocal showdown!
Photo credit: Facebook