The second edition of Detroit Art Week – produced by Olu & Company – has expanded to include five days of programming. As a citywide celebration of contemporary art and culture, DAW invites visitors and residents to attend any of the 36 exhibition openings, 14 studio visits, 13 performances, 8 panel discussions, as well as 11 special programs, featuring 150+ artists and community members.
Program highlights include:
- Young Curators, New Ideas V; Framed by WDET
- Performance by Helina Metaferia at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
- 20+ open studios at 333 Midland
- Studio visits with Tiff Massey, Senghor Reid, Amna Asghar and Anthony Giannini
- A curator-led tour of Thank You, Mies at Detroit Artist Market
- Private studio tours of Unit 1: 3583 Dubois by Anders Ruhwald
- Live performances of Before you can become a butterfly, you must first become green slime by Alicia McDaid and Beatrice VS at Sound House
DAW is open to the public and includes both free and ticketed events. Some events require an RSVP due to limited space. Check back regularly for updates.
Photo Credit: Facebook