EASTERN MARKET TAILGATING RULES & REGULATIONS
Proceeds made from tailgating go to support our mission of operating our markets, providing greater access to good food, and growing local food businesses.
Eastern Market Partnership reserves the right to terminate parking privileges for violating stated rules.
- Tailgating is permitted only in posted lots. Tailgating is not allowed on any public streets, sidewalks, or alleys. Tailgating or parking is not allowed in private parking lots.
- Tailgate and parking lots open at 7:00 a.m. All parking lots close and must be empty one hour after the game.NO OVERNIGHT PARKING!Violators will be towed at owner’s expense!
- Spaces are first come, first serve. Other than the limited number of reserved spaces for Motor Coach and Large RV parking. Reserved spaces are only accommodated with the purchase of 10 or more spaces – please call the office (313.833.9300) to make that reservation.
- ONE CAR, ONE SPACE:Oversized vehicles will be charged accordingly. A maximum of 10 people are allowed in any one space, with the exception of Motor Coaches. Your tailgating setup must be contained within your purchased space. Driving lanes must be kept clear.
- All tents must be contained within your parking spaces. If not, additional fees will be assessed.
- OUTSIDE SALES / FUNDRAISERS AND SOLICITATIONS ARE PROHIBITED, unless previously approved by Eastern Market Partnership.
- All tailgate activities must be conducted in accordance with the law.UNDERAGED DRINKING IS PROHIBITED!
- No re-entry if a patron leaves the lot; there is full charge for re-entry.
- Only State-approved gas/propane grills with fuel valve shut-offs and self-contained charcoal grills are permitted.NO OPEN FLAMES OR WOOD FIRES BY ORDER OF THE FIRE MARSHALL.
- Self-starting coals or gas grills only.NO LIGHTER FLUID ALLOWED.All hot coals must be extinguished and placed in the hot coal bins located in all tailgating lots.
- DUE TO THE EXTENSIVE DAMAGE TO THE CONCRETE AND DRAINS – COOKING OIL IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE MARKET PREMISES.
- Trash must be bagged and disposed in trash containers provided.
- Ball playing and frisbee throwing is not allowed underneath any building or structure.
- Platforms, stages, and vehicles with advertising are not permitted in the tailgate areas, unless previously approved by Eastern Market Partnership.
- Electricity is limited and not guaranteed,IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING A GENERATOR IF YOU NEED POWER.
- All guests must check in at our main office (2934 Russell Street) or our Welcome Center (south side of Shed 3) to receive a parking pass. To expedite the check-in process, please have your EventBrite ticketsprintedfor scanning.
BE CONSIDERATE! Respect the rights of others. Avoid the use of loud, abusive language and agressive behavior.