The Dlectricity Light Bike Parade is back on September 23 @ dark/around 8pm!
A parade of riders, a mobile art installation, a 4-mile ride through Midtown Detroit FREE to the public, and a show of light bike artistry for everyone to enjoy—the Light Bike Parade is one of the highlights of Dlectricity and your opportunity to be part of art in motion.
The parade starts on the campus of Wayne State University, winding its way through Midtown where the public will line the streets and enjoy the light show.
Start planning your bike light decorations now—our judges will select the best decorations in these categories, with PRIZES for the winners:
- Most Creative Adult Bike Light Display
- Most Artistic Bike Light Display
- Most Creative Youth Bike Display (under 12)
- Most Unique Bicycle Helmet Decoration
- Best Team Themed Bike Light Exhibit (between 4-6 bikes)
- Most Original Family Bike Light Exhibit (Adult/Kids)
Come with your bike already illuminated, or grab a limited light kit the day of the ride (available to those who pre-register and on a first-come, first-served basis).