Downtown Detroit welcomes fall with the 3rd annual PARKtoberfest at Campus Martius Park! Detroit’s premiere Oktoberfest celebration features two full days of activities and free entertainment with an impressive selection of craft, seasonal and Oktoberfest beers, ceremonial keg tappings, live musical performances, Oktoberfest competitions and games, a professional pumpkin carver, and more!
- The Big Bier Garten Tent Supported by Imperial and Great Lakes Beverage, enjoy more than 25 craft beers including limited Oktoberfest brews and German imports like Hacker-Pschorr, Spaten, and Paulaner. Ceremonial tapping of the first keg will be at noon on Friday, followed by hourly tappings of specialty and limited beer. Prost!
- Specialty Foods Delicious, traditional Oktoberfest selections, including German sausages and pretzels, plus other fall food selections from local eateries, will be available for purchase.
- Musical Performances It wouldn’t be Oktoberfest without German music! Detroit’s Eric Neubauer Ensemble will start and end PARKtoberfest with Bavarian and Czech melodies on Friday at noon and Saturday at 9 p.m. In between, there’s performances all day long each day from some of Detroit’s favorite musical artists. Friday Night’s headliner is famed 90’s nostalgia rock band Spin Doctors at 9 p.m.!
- Oktoberfest Games Guests can compete in feats of strength, speed and agility with contests such as Keg Lifting and Stein Hoisting in which contenders see who can hold a full mug of beer out in front of them the longest without any spills!
- Pumpkin Carving and Carved Pumpkin Display Artist and professional pumpkin carver, Jennifer Hoppert, a former Disney designer, will demonstrate her art for park visitors throughout the event.
Photo courtesy of Downtown Detroit Partnership