Guide: All Things Mo Pop
Guide: All Things Mo Pop
Each year at the end of July, West Riverfront Park becomes a celebration of food, music and art. Whether you’re at Mo Pop for the indie artists, arts and crafts or just to party – here’s everything you need to know about the summer festival.
Mo Pop is a festival you don’t want to end, so when the fun is done on the West Riverfront, head to Corktown for the After Party @ PJ’s Lager House (doors open at 10pm)!
Fun + Games
Punch Bowl Social is bringing the old school fun to a new age party. Play classic arcade games, enter high score contests, and win prizes at the Mo Arcade! Have a blast with your friends on the Detroit Dart Club battlefield.
Find something to take home with you at the Mo Pop Craft Bazaar featuring metro Detroit’s most talented artisans.
Food & Drink
Feeling hungry? Stop by Food Truck Rally Alley or The Shipyard for local favorites. Grab a drink at the “Patrón the Summer” House and try a signature cocktail or boozy popsicle. Get hyped up on Stok’s coffee or enjoy local favorite Faygo.
Indie music performers will be taking to two stages over the weekend. This year’s lineup includes favorites such as Bon Iver and The National, as well as newcomers Clairo and Rex Orange County. For more information about the artists playing at MoPop, be sure to check out our guide to the Top 10 Must-See Artists Coming to MoPop.
Arrive to the festival early for signings with the MoPop lineup. Signing schedules are released each day, so keep an eye out for your favorites!
Saturday, July 28:
- Curtis Roach: 1:30pm @ River Stage
- Shortly: 2:15 pm @ River Stage
- S. Carey: 2:50 @ Grande Stage
- Clairo: 3:35 @ River Stage
- Rex Orange County: 4:20 @ Grande Stage
- Homeshake: 5:10 @ River Stage
- Billie Elish: 6:00 @ Grande Stage
- Alvvays: 6:50 @ River Stage
- Always Suspect: 7:50 @ Grande Stage
- Vince Staples: 8:50 @ River Stage
- Bon Iver: 10:05 @ Grande Stage
Sunday, July 29
- Empty Houses: 1:30 @ River Stage
- Joe Hertler & the Rainbow Seekers: 2:15 @ River Stage
- Lovelytheband: 2:50 @ Grande Stage
- Jeff Rosenstock: 3:35 @ River Stage
- Dermot Kennedy: 4:20 @ Grande Stage
- Turnover: 5:05 @ River Stage
- Daniel Caesar: 5:55 @ Grande Stage
- BROCKHAMPTON: 6:45 @ River Stage
- Portugal. The Man: 7:40 @ Grande Stage
- St. Vincent: 8:50 @ River Stage
- The National: 10:05 @ Grande Stage
For those driving a car to the festival, MoPop is offering parking passes for $25 per day. There is also a paid lot near the venue. Concert goers also have the option to take the People Mover and get off at Joe Lewis Arena, which is a short walk away from West Riverfront Park. For those biking to the festival, free and secure bike parking is offered by Detroit Bike.
Photo credit: Facebook