Guide to Marche du Nain Rouge X
Guide to Marche du Nain Rouge X
Show your Detroit pride and join the Marche du Nain Rouge Sunday, March 24th.
Each year, fierce and proud Detroiters from across the city, county and event globe come together to chase away the city’s harbinger of doom and red faced imp, the Nain Rouge. The public parade is open to all. Grab a costume — dress as weird and wonderful as you like — and join the marching bands, art cars, and merry makers who will assemble at Second and Canfield at noon. The parade begins at 1pm and heads down Second Street to the Masonic Temple.
At the Masonic Temple the masses will confront the Nain and celebrate with DJs, dancing, food, drinks, and more inside the Masonic Temple.
Where to Fête du Nain
Midtown is geared up for festivities with Fête du Nain deals and specials March 18-24!
- Fourteen East //15 E Kirby St // Warm up for your battle with the Nain with Hellfire Mocha or Snow Angel Hot Chocolate (a portion of proceeds to support the Marche!).
- Avalon // 422 W. Willis St // Featured Nain Rouge specials 25% off: Velour Rouge (red velvet) Whoopie Pies, Cherries Jubilee Croissant and Mama Mia Focaccia.
- Detroit Shipping Co. // 474 Peterboro // Stop by for drink specials all day, as well as live music and entertainment from 10am -6pm, featuring The Bananacondas, Kelsie Cork & The Swigs, Dj Jaco, Lady SSE and Marcie Bolen DJ sets.
- Founder’s Detroit // 456 Charlotte // The “Red Party” takes place on Sunday, March 24th. The party begins at 11am and will feature exclusive red beers, grill specials on the patio (including, hot dogs, veggie dogs, corn on the cobb, and more), music from the The Aston Neighborhood Pleasure Club beginning at 2:30pm, and other shenanigans.
- Honest John’s // 488 Selden St // To prepare for the coming of the Nain, Honest John’s will have $8 Valentine Bloody Mary’s and mini High Life’s ALL WEEK LONG for the Fete du Nain, March 18th through March 24th. Some of the hottest sauces will be available so you can prepare for the Nain with some pain.
- Selden Standard // 3921 Second Ave // Don’t miss some devilish food and cocktail specials available in addition to the Sunday brunch menu
- Traffic Jam and Snug // 511 W. Canfield St // Crawfish boil straight from Louisiana with “Demon Head” souvenir “King Cake” available Mon. March 18 thru Sat. March 23rd with drink specials including “Tasmanian Red” beer all week.
- Treat Dreams // 4160 Cass Ave // Get your warmth up for battle with the Nain with a special spicy hot chocolate
- Union Street // 4145 Woodward Ave // Don’t miss the Nain-inspired special menu items from March 18th through March 24th. Lots of spicy deliciousness to give your body the strength to battle with the Nain including stuffed peppers, gumbo, jalapeno cornbread, red devil torte and more. Parade Day, don’t miss $1 Hamms, our Bloody Mary bar, and plenty of parking.
Where to Park
Midtown has a lot of street parking option, download the Park Detroit app to make easy payment and extend your time. There are also street side kiosks. If you prefer to park in a structure try the Woodward Gardens Parking Deck (25 W Alexandrine St) or the Detroit Symphony Orchestra (305 Parsons St).
Photo credit: Facebook